What Are the Benefits of LED Curing?
The popularity of Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) continues to rise. Homeowners have been replacing their traditional light bulbs with LED ones and now manufacturers are doing the same, for LED curing offers several advantages over broad-spectrum arc lamps.
Here are 5 reasons why manufacturers are switching to LED light-curing:
- Lower costs: High electrical efficiency of LED lamps and its instant on/off capability leads to lower operational costs. In relation, their cool light radiation extends curing capabilities for heat-sensitive substrates.
- Low maintenance costs: Their long service life eliminates bulb replacement and reduces maintenance costs. In addition, since LED units turn on instantly with no warm-up, there is no need to leave them on when they are not in use, which further increases their longevity.
- Consistent curing: LEDs deliver a more uniform distribution of light across the cure area providing more consistent results. Due to a significantly more robust degradation curve than bulbs, LED systems will provide more consistent intensity over time.
- Space savers: LED equipment are more compact than broad-spectrum ones, and hence reduce the size and cost of the light-curing system.
- Environmentally friendly: Its “green” attributes eliminate mercury and ozone safety risks, as well as handling costs. LEDs also offer increased operator safety; LED units can provide specific wavelengths of energy relative to the needs of an application. In addition since LEDs eliminate excess energy emissions while also being able to turn on and off as needed, the environment in proximity of the LED is exposed to substantially less radiation compared to bulbs.
To learn more about led-curing and how it helps make manufacturing more efficient check out our white paper. Or contact our Application Engineering team to help you find the best equipment for your manufacturing needs.