Ever been in the situation where you needed confirmation that your adhesive is fully cured before you moved on with your application? Do you know how...
5 Reasons You Should Not Repackage Adhesive and Coating Products
Is there a product that you are not able to purchase in the optimal package size that you want? Are you tempted to repackage bulk material into smaller containers or perhaps consolidate smaller containers into bulk?
Here are 5 reasons why repackaging is not such a great idea:
- Voiding Warranty- Reputable companies select their packaging carefully to ensure compatibility with their own materials, protection from light exposure, and preservation of their products’ performance properties. Modification, alteration or repackaging of a branded product or label will automatically void your warranty.
- Material Loss- Significant material loss can occur during transfer, which would lead to unrecoverable scrap material, and hence raise your costs.
- Change in Consistency- Air trapped during refilling of syringes or cartridges can lead to inconsistent shot size and bead dispensing. In addition, some repackaging equipment may shear the material causing it to drop in viscosity, or possibly cause polymerization of the material.
- Health and Safety Hazard- Repackaging exposes the adhesive material to the threat of contamination by both airborne particles and contaminants that may be present in the package itself.
- Shelf Life- When you repackage a light-curable adhesive or coating product there’s a possibility for the material to be exposed to visible light, which may cause some photo reactivity. This would result in partial cure of the product or the initiation of a delayed reaction that may prematurely cure the product in the new package.
Need help choosing the right size of adhesive or coating product for your application?
Our Dymax application engineers will offer you a free teardown analysis of your most complex applications and will provide you with cost-saving solutions. Contact us now.